Who We Are:
We are a software development and IT consulting firm who knock the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations to develop creative and custom software solutions so they can focus on what’s most important, their mission. Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. And we don’t mean to brag, but we’re honored to have been named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for the second year in a row.
Who You Are:
You love working with innovative technologies and learning something new every day. You elevate those around you by mentoring fellow software engineers and teaching others. Writing code of both high volume and quality is important to you, and you thrive off of receiving feedback and learning from your colleagues. You enjoy being challenged and discussing new opportunities and methods with those around you. You’re always thinking one step ahead and relish the head-scratching puzzles that problem solving can bring. You enjoy collaborating with your team and working in a primarily virtual environment.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Developer, you will provide creative solutions and opportunities to our clients. You’ll work on complex applications with a team comprised of fellow software engineers, project managers, business analysts, quality assurance analysts, and client stakeholders. You will help to develop and deploy web-based, client/server, mobile or data system applications and can be relied upon to complete complex, full stack tickets within an agile software development environment. Your work schedule will take place in the Eastern time zone and you'll travel to our Okemos, MI office on a quarterly basis.
- At least 3 years of experience building web applications or server-based applications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without current or future need for a visa sponsorship
- Experience with any web development MVC framework, such as ASP.NET MVC, Spring MVC, Angular or other modern web application frameworks.
- Relational database development experience (SQL Server 2008+, Oracle 10+, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2)
- Knowledge of Hibernate (java), Entity Framework (.NET) or other ORM
- Experience developing RESTful Web Services using Web API, WCF, or similar technologies
- Must have a solid understanding of software engineering principles and Agile software development methodologies
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with a team with a diverse set of people
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies and embrace the concepts of continuous improvement
- Must have a passion for creating and delivering software that is both high quality and highly innovative
- Must have excellent programming, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Must have reliable internet and technologies to operate in a remote setting
- Must be able to work during normal business hours within the Eastern time zone
- Must be able to travel to Okemos, Michigan on a quarterly basis, at minimum
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Experience with mobile app development using Xamarin
- Experience optimizing database structures for performance and/or maintainability and the ability to design and optimize stored procedures
- Working knowledge of source control (Git, SVN, TFS, etc.), build tools (ANT, Maven, and Gradle) continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Experience writing automated unit tests (NUnit, JUnit, Spock)
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting incentives
- Your choice of computer (PC or Mac)
- Premium healthcare insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Cell phone allowance
- Workspace customization allowance
- Full remote opportunities available
- Awesome co-workers!
During the pandemic, KL&A is conducting all interviews via phone or online with video conference technology. New employees are being onboarded virtually and provided the tools they need to begin employment while working remotely. KL&A is currently operating in a fully remote capacity while continuously monitoring the changes and trends in our area. KL&A will continue to operate remotely until it is deemed safe for our employees to return to the office.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.