Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Program Manager to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Coordinate and integrate all the contract activities including staffing decisions
- Prepared required reports, deliverables, and other official documentation
- Ensure quality assessment/quality control of the work performed, fostering
- Maintain current knowledge of scientific research programs and their policies and practices related to the various research efforts
- Participates in the execution of projects and provides programmatic and technical support
- Provide support to the development and implementation of various operational plans and technical/logistical tracking systems to meet research and operational needs - Monitors progress against plans and key deliverables
- Assists in the management of project risk by proactively anticipating issues and collaboratively developing contingency plans and solutions
- Provides assistance to clinical research teams in the development of protocol specific plans that adhere to HHS
- Supports the coordination of communication between research operations, program management, project stakeholders and team members, and between government customers and subcontractors
- Identifies appropriate resources and organizes project teams to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives
- Prepares progress and program reports, special reports and budget documents as requested
- Performs a high degree of knowledge transfer related to project/program management concepts and practices and provides guidance and coaching to team members
- Coordinates team meetings and assists in the development of meeting agendas and summary reports
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Program Manager with specialized experience in a cancer-related field
- Degree in Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology or a related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independence in the planning, implementation and management of projects related to analyzing and assessing complex biomedical research issues
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics or cancer biology
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.