Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Senior Programmer to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Develop computer programs using diverse classical and molecular data analysis algorithms and modules implemented in those languages
- Automate file formatting for analyses in various statistical packages, to implement new algorithms, to convert code from one statistical language to another, and to bundle analysis modules to enable streamlined multi-step analyses
- Ensure software shall be computationally efficient, well documented, and created in a modular fashion, so that components can be reused across studies, where appropriate
- Implement computer programs for sample size and power calculations, identification of confounders, cancer risk prediction, and survival projections
- Create SAS procedures such as Linear and Logistic Generalized Linear Modeling (GLM) procedures to identify and control for the effects of confounding factors in multivariate analyses
- Create graphical representations of population and laboratory data for effective visualization of trends and patterns
- Provide programming services for manipulation and analysis of molecular and biomarker data
- The programming shall vary over time with availability of newer molecular technologies and methods to perform analyses of the data from these technologies
- Develop complex modeling and simulation computer programs to implement evolving computational methods to analyze high-dimensional data resulting from evolving molecular technologies used in NCI studies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Data Manager
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Public Health, Epidemiology or a related discipline
- Experience with the following languages and technologies: SAS, R, Python, MatLab, S-Plus, Stata, SPSS, C++, and FORTRAN
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Experience supporting NIH institute, specifically NCI
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics, cancer biology or clinical trials
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.