Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Database Administrator to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Facilitate routine exchange of data with data repositories.
- Perform data import/export in a variety of data file formats to be interoperable with collaborators' data systems.
- Collaborate with the owners of data systems to enable automated import/export without the need for Intermediate files
- Harmonize data elements in accordance with NCI requirements to allow for pooling of data across studies
- Provide data processing and management services for access to genomic, proteomic, and other biomarker Information from designated resources as requested
- Implement processes for semantic interoperability (ensuring that the terminologies match) and syntactic interoperability (ensuring that the transfer formats match), both of which are required for pooled and meta-analyses
- Check the source data for completeness, validity, duplication, and inconsistencies, and address these issues with the data source provider prior to storing the data
- Implement standard procedures to monitor the quality of the data, with processes to monitor the effectiveness and efficacy of these procedures
- Employ QC/QA measures relevant to different types of data, as well as functional assays and data from clinical genetics and high-throughput genomics studies and generate QC statistics to enable accurate and informed use of the data
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of database experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MS SQL databases or higher with server-side development)
- Minimum of five (5) years of database experience (Oracle 11/12g and MS SQL databases or higher with server-side development
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, PL/SQL language and Power Scripts in building applications, packages, triggers, stored procedures and functions
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain an HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Experience supporting NIH institutes, specifically NCI
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics, cancer biology or clinical trials
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.