The Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for research, design, development, testing, and deployment of embedded software on microprocessor-based products including environmental system controllers, motor controllers, power distribution equipment, and test equipment. This position must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques, and procedures in the development and testing of aircraft environmental control systems in performance-critical environments. Must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documents and have excellent verbal communication skills. Candidate should have customer-focused drive for mission success and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
1. Design and implement software of embedded devices and control systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
2. Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software
3. Review code and design of personal work and that of coworkers
4. Integrate and validate new product designs
5. Support software QA and optimize performance
6. Interface and work closely with hardware design and development
7. Perform electronic test automation efforts, including hardware and software as required.
8. Technically evaluate and assist in the selection of hardware.
9. Generate comprehensive test plans and reports and review plans/reports of others.
10. May also participate in PCB design, component selection, and EMI/EMC testing.
11. Performs advanced analysis of designs including system performance.
12. Develop PC-side GUI applications to interface with hardware and firmware
1. BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering field
2. 5+ years of embedded software/firmware development or related work experience
3. Solid programming experience in C or C++, with exposure to C#, WPF, or similar programming language.
4. Proven experience in embedded systems design with real-time data processing, algorithms, and communications.
5. Aerospace/aviation experience with familiarity of regulations and certification including DO-178 and DO-254.
6. Prefer local/regional candidate with minimum weekly on-site availability
7. Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
8. Knowledge of different protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
9. Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
10. Strong documentation and writing skills
11. Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
12. Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
13. Good time-management skills
14. Great interpersonal and communication skills