At Support Services of Virginia (SSVA) helping others realize their success isn't just a job - it's our passion. SSVA has a positive reputation of being a leading provider of Residential and Day Support Services for people with developmental disabilities. Our commitment to our team members, positive work environment, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities to make a real difference in someone’s life make SSVA one of the top places to work in Virginia’s human services field.
As Residential Assistant Site Coordinator/Site Coordinator, you will play a highly interactive and mission critical role in the lives of those receiving residential services from SSVA. You will have the unique ability to make a positive and lasting impact on their lives. The ideal candidate is friendly and positive, open minded and flexible, engaged in the community, and likes to be active. You will support others in finding a balance between what is important to and for them and go out of your way to help them live the best life possible.
This role has full responsibility for implementation of the Individual Support Plan of the people to whom you are assigned. This role is also expected to provide leadership, mentorship and direction to Direct Support Professionals. The ASC position is a full-time position that requires 24-hour availability. Most scheduled shifts for this position will be in the evenings and at least one weekend will be required to meet the needs of those we provide services to.
The starting pay for the ASC position is $13.00/hourly upon completion of training and probationary period .
- Three medical plan options which includes health savings account (HSA) match
- Dental insurance free to employees that qualify
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Life insurance plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K Plan
- Retention Bonuses
- Referral Bonuses
Combined, these benefits add up to over 30% increase over the base wage.
- Opportunity to have a positive impact the lives of others
- Path to Professional Development and Leadership
- Flexible full and part time schedules
- Team This Ability
- Employee Appreciation Program
- Employee Impressions Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Core Values Hall of Fame
- Wednesday Warriors (on Facebook)
- Highly motivated.
- Superior ability to communicate at all levels.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform tasks with minimal direct supervision and to accept supervision and constructive feedback.
- Proof of highest level of education.
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks.
- Clear tuberculosis screening.
- Ability to pass and maintain CPR/First Aid, Medicaid Waiver Certification, and DSP Core Competencies.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Valid Driver’s License.