Scope: Responsible for assisting the Director of Fundraising in raising the Annual Fund by coordinating The Association’s Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts as well as collaborating with other Association departments on new and existing fundraising initiatives.
Primary Functions: Responsible for the coordination and execution of The Association’s Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts, which will require significant oversight and management of volunteers. Also responsible for advancing The Association’s current student and young alumni fundraising efforts in addition to other existing fundraising initiatives.
• Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Fundraising, coordinate and execute The Association’s “Peer-to-Peer” fundraising efforts. This will include researching, identifying, recruiting, and training potential volunteers as well as frequent collaboration and coordination with them to execute and measure these efforts.
• In collaboration with the other Fundraising Coordinator on staff, the Department of Former Student Programs, and the Department of Campus Programs, advance current student and young alumni fundraising efforts to increase participation in The Association’s Annual Fund.
• Work closely with Marketing, Communications, Gift Processing, and Information Systems departments, in addition to outside vendors and other appropriate staff, to ensure proper execution of Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts and other appropriate items related to raising the Annual Fund.
Collaborate with other Association staff members on additional fundraising matters.
• Handle constituent questions, issues, and concerns regarding Peer-to-Peer efforts, and other assigned areas of emphasis.
• Contribute to the Fundraising Department’s preparation of annual business plan and department budget.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Assist with fundraising calls and walk-ins.
• Provide occasional support to Fundraising team during home football games (events conclude 30 minutes prior to kick-off).
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
• Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal of 100K by 2020.
• Provide support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
• Participation on internal event and task committees.
• Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, TNT, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, and Game Day events, as needed.
• Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: 1-2 years professional work experience with the ability to plan and execute concurrent and/or complex detail-oriented projects.
Preferred: 3+ years of professional work experience with knowledge of fundraising strategies and philosophy. Experience with coordinating, managing, or overseeing volunteers. Experience with complex database systems. Prior experience in project management. Customer service experience.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of video display terminal. Ability and availability for limited travel and to operate a motor vehicle.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Required: Keyboarding and communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to work some evenings, weekends (including home football games), and ability to travel overnight occasionally.