The RSS is specifically responsible for obtaining and maintaining expert knowledge on the Mako Robotic System for assigned territory and customers. The RSS will provide clinical product support to all end users and provide on-site guidance and assistance before, during and after surgical procedures. Resolve technical product and service issues as needed. Provide training, ongoing in-services, and customer education to assigned account(s). Provides feedback on product design to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Clinical and Technical Expertise:
- Serve as front-line clinical and technical support to surgeons and hospital staff before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Train and guide surgeons and hospital staff in the use of Stryker’s Mako robot including set-up, breakdown and related intra-operative activities to ensure precise and successful surgical outcomes.
- Use proprietary software to prepare pre-operative CT scans for assigned cases and assist surgeons in pre-operative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to the robot independently or field escalation matters appropriately. Partner with Field Service team effectively to ensure technical issues are resolved and maintenance is delivered.
- Build knowledge of Stryker implants and instrumentation and mastery of the robot and its different robotic arm applications in order to become a trusted “go-to” for all case coverage types (robotic and manual).
- Educate surgeons and staff on the clinical benefits of the robot and best practices with confidence, enthusiasm and respect.
- Complete Stryker Learning Management System (SLMS) assignments on an ongoing, timely basis.
Account and Territory Management:
- Own day to day coordination of accounts and necessary tasks to support scheduled robotic procedures. Support manual case coverage and/or cases outside of assigned territory when necessary.
- Manage inventory, instrumentation, and total case preparation. Ensure all cases are planned and reviewed with associated surgeons prior to scheduled surgeries.
- Ensure consistent time management between case preparation and case coverage to limit case delays.
- Develop knowledge of hospital and account preferences to meet or exceed customer expectations. Resolve customer issues or complaints in a timely manner.
- Deliver excellent customer service and foster positive, trusting relationships with surgeons and hospital staff.
- Complete all necessary account administration duties (e.g. Case Tracker daily updates, PER process - Product Experience Report, RMA process - Return Material Authorization, case billing and closure). Provide prompt and accurate complaint reports per quality and compliance system requirements.
- Partner with sales and marketing to support local product demonstrations/labs and showcase clinical value to potential customers.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal sales team members to achieve business objectives.
- Support the execution of the sales plan to grow product utilization and increase volume with current and potential surgeons.
Qualifications/Work Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA in relevant field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in a sales or technical product environment preferred.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel.
- Demonstrated aptitude in technology systems and administrative procedures (e.g. ERP software, Office Suite, file processing and record management).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments.
Travel Requirement Percentage:
- Dependent on assigned territory.
- The above information is not all inclusive and the position may have further requirements that will be explained in further detail at a later step in the hiring process.
Company website: www.crosslinklifesciences.com