The Store Manager is responsible for leadership, guidance, and control of all aspects of daily operations, as well as an understanding of and ability to operate in any and all store staffing positions while also representing the ReStore and Habitat for Humanity professionally and courteously in all interactions. Store Managers are expected to perform all tasks safely, efficiently, and effectively. The ideal candidate will also be communicative, a self-starter, and connected to the Habitat mission.
This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Retail Director. Compensation begins at an annual salary of $45,698 - $57,125 (commensurate with experience), plus a great benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and alternative), generous paid time off, a matching retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and more!
- Operations and site maintenance: initiate, coordinate, and enforce program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures; maintain stability and reputation of store by complying with legal requirements
- Safety oversight: plan and hold safety meetings, complete safety reports, manage in-store safety concerns, enforce safety requirements and guidelines, ensure a safe and clean environment
- Staffing: recruit, interview, hire (in collaboration with senior staff); provide orientation and training; schedule for needs of the business; oversee performance management program including analyze, prepare, and present staff reviews; discover, assign, and follow up on results of tasks
- Fiscal responsibility: understand budget; create monthly labor budget; maintain staffing levels and spending limits; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions; maintain and control back banks, petty cash, cash donations, and deposits
- Cash flow control: master and monitor POS system, control registers, and train staff cashiers
- Reports: timely and accurate reports of expenditures, staff hours, reimbursements, marketing, and others as requested
- Pricing control: research products to ensure correct pricing, collaborate with other managers on shared or common product pricing guidelines, authorize clearance sales
- Order and maintain stock of products needed for processing donations, site maintenance, and safety
- Online store operational efficiency: posting, packing, and shipping of products
- In-store marketing and merchandising: create and maintain promotions, displays, and signage
- Maintain Portland Metro ReStores brand consistency through collaboration with development staff
- Maintain relationship with local community through collaboration with and support of development staff
- Maintain product flow, quality controls, and volunteer staffing of the soft goods department; may include community partnerships and engagement to aid in directing unwanted and excess goods
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exemplary leadership skills, positive disposition, and even temperament
- Proven problem solving skills, including supervising unexpected issues and emergencies
- Successful and effective management abilities, and control of all aspects of multi-faceted retail/reuse operation
- Advanced written and verbal communication and solid basic math skills
- Courtesy and professionalism to gracefully resolve customer, donor, and staff issues and complaints
- Knowledge to communicate all aspects of Habitat and ReStore mission and operations
- Ability to effectively communicate all aspects of Habitat and ReStore mission and operations
- Ability and desire to manage with the integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture and values of Habitat for Humanity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Two years minimum of customer service experience in fast paced retail or restaurant capacity
- Two years minimum of management experience, preferably retail, including staffing, site, and fiscal responsibilities
- Experience leading and managing volunteers
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- This job operates in an open, warehouse retail environment
- This position is very active and requires consistent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing
- This employee must frequently lift, move, and/or load items over 50 pounds with mechanical assistance and/or a team lift
- 40 hours a week, includes weekends
- Current store hours: 10am-6pm Thursday - Monday
Applications should include a cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position, a resume, and three professional references.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.