Essential Functions Statement
• Perform routine solicitations and follow up with designated account contacts in person, via email, or other electronic forms of communication, even when no freight is available.
• Build relationships through daily interactions with current customers, operations and logistics personnel, shippers, consignees, support departments, and sales.
• Collaborate with Load Planners and Driver Managers to ensure customer and company needs are communicated and met.
• Monitor freight commitments and on time service for key accounts to ensure they are being met by both Hill Bros Transportation and our customers.
• Oversee order entry accuracy and customer website updates and accessorials.
• Act as a liaison between Sales and Operations to negotiate rates with current customer base for new lane opportunities.
• Offer Logistics as a solution when Assets is unable to cover to satisfy customer capacity needs.
• Maintain EDI requirements for acceptance or rejection of freight, EDI214 communications or holds, and updates of loads.
• Oversee trailer pools in the respected region and/or shippers and consignees for assigned customers.
• Compile and organize customer notes and daily checklists, as to ensure the assigned region and/or customers are covered in the event of an absence or vacation.
• Assist in training Customer Service Reps (CSR) and Assistants (CSA).
• Provide billing team with required documents to submit invoices to customers; i.e. rate confirmations. Complete required customer tasks so that billing can process; i.e. customer website maintenance.
• Prepare and distribute daily and weekly reports to the customer service department.
• Act as a substitute in the absence of other Customer Service associates which are seamless and transparent to our customers
• Communicate unresolved customer grievances or problems with Customer Service Manager for further investigation.
• Consistently report to work as required and complete assigned or required tasks during normal work schedule.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures.
• Accuracy - Performing work precisely, accurately, and thoroughly.
• Active Listening - Attending to, concentrating on, and understanding the comments, questions, and concerns of others.
• Assertiveness - Acting in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Communication, Oral and Written - Communicating effectively with others using the spoken word and by writing clearly and concisely.
• Cooperation - Working together for a common purpose or benefit; joint action.
• Decision Making - Making critical decisions while abiding to department and company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Paying attention to the precise details of a project or task
• Follow Through - Continuing a plan, project, task to its completion to ensure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
• Goal Oriented - Focusing on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Motivation - Inspiring oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Negotiation Skills - Finding a way to say YES. Ability to express feelings without anxiety or anger in a non-threatening way. The ability to look at the situation from another’s perspective.
• Organized – Having one’s affairs in order; following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Relationship Building - Effectively building relationships with customers and co-workers.
• US Geography - Knowledge of the United States, state and city locations, and the ability to use maps and other geographic references.
• Responsible – Being held accountable for one’s conduct.
• Time Management - Utilizing the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines and/or scheduled work hours.
• Work Quality - Achieving desired outcome with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Able to control and express emotion, able to handle relationships judiciously and with empathy
• Able to do thorough, accurate and consistent work, free from errors
• Able to effectively maintain a balance of freight in assigned region
• Able to clearly communicate with customers, co-workers, and support staff departments
• Able to work in a fast paced environment with constant distractions
• Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to build positive relationships with our customers by possessing the character and communication skills necessary
• Able to work independently or as part of a team
• Able to problem solve effectively and escalate issues as necessary
Education and Experience
• Must have high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must have Bachelor’s degree or four years’ experience in Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Transportation Customer Service
• Proficient with Windows Operating System including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Moderate typing skill required (50 WPM)
• Experience with TMW software helpful
• Knowledge of relevant software applications such as PC Miler helpful
• Willing to work overtime, rotating holidays, and rotating weekends as requested and approved by supervisor to satisfy business needs