The Crew Technician is responsible for performing on-site energy efficiency service improvements. The Technician works as part of a team delivering energy conservation and education to clients and must adhere to regulations provided by the local, state and federal sources. The job requires a proficiency in using hand and power tools, carpentry skills and knowledge of energy conservation techniques.
Work is directed and reviewed by a supervisor. The job does not routinely require making independent decisions, except those from a defined set of procedures. Most tasks are routine in nature and small to moderate in size and scope.
1. Perform the following diagnostic tests and educate client as required:
2. Perform retrofits on dwelling which may consist of:
3. Maintain inventory list of tools and equipment needed to perform job on a daily basis. Inspect tools and equipment for maintenance servicing and safety on weekly basis.
4. Observe all safety rules and regulations that are established by organization and other authorities. Attend training as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
1. High School degree or equivalent
2. Working knowledge of construction, specifically carpentry and use of power tools, safe work practices, and fundamentals of building science. Basic construction math skills, including ability to read and take measurements.
3. At least one year of carpentry or weatherization experience or applicable training.
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and use of computer
5. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; driving record compatible with organization’s insurance standards.
1. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, can complete forms, document test results and interpret work orders and technical instructions.
2. Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
3. Successful completion of weatherization training in accordance with DHCR/DOE guidelines.
4. Able to perform building diagnostic testing with blower door and furnace testing, or learn with first month of hire.
5. Understanding of indoor air quality issues or ability to learn within one month of hire.
6. Ability to develop effective working relationships with customers and staff from diverse backgrounds and demonstrate a positive, success-oriented attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Nature of work requires an ability to physically bend, lift up to 80 pounds, work in attic and crawlspaces with clearances as low as 24 inches, crawl in small places, and climb ladders.
Work performed may be both indoors and outdoors, with some tasks performed outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and complete forms. May require evening and weekend hours as business needs demand. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of NHS of Toledo. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder’s responsibility.