Working within a small collaborative team, the Full Stack Developer is responsible for designing and developing front-end website architecture and back-end website applications for AggieNetwork.com, maintaining an efficient and optimized codebase, and implementing dynamic user experiences for the 500,000+ members of the Aggie Network.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
- Designs and develops front-end website architecture using front-end languages, frameworks, and libraries.
- Works with design and content stakeholders to bring designs to life by creating dynamic user experiences.
- Designs and develops back-end website applications in support of fundraising strategies and other organization needs.
- Designs and develops internal APIs for applications and implements third-party APIs for data syncing needs including payment processing.
- Trains approved content managers on content addition and editing functions.
- Identifies and resolves technical problems with AggieNetwork.com and provides Help Desk support to users.
- Maintains a clean, efficient, and optimized codebase and performs periodic reviews to ensure compliance with industry best practices and security standards.
- Creates/maintains training standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards including modern web browser capabilities, compatibility issues, and accessibility standards.
- Evaluates, recommends and installs software relevant to web development.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Received: Manager of Web Operations.
Given: Potential supervision of student assistants.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: WordPress experience.
- Proficiency with server-side languages (.Net, C#, PHP, etc.).
- Familiarity with database technologies (SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.).
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
Preferred: Adobe Creative Suite.
Required: Frequent use of computer and keyboard.
Required: Thorough understanding of The Association’s purpose and goals, and its strategies for accomplishing these goals. Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Ability to make sound and reasonable judgments on behalf of The Association and to communicate effectively and positively with a diverse audience, including internal and external customers. Ability to work evenings and weekends as required; some travel required.