The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Accountant will oversee all bookkeeping and accounting functions related to invoice processing, customer receipts, and year-end regulatory reporting, leading the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes. The position involves overall maintenance of the vendor and customer database, administration of organizational debt obligations, and management of internal and external customer relationships.
• Process vendor payments through the ERP system
o Establish the Accounts Payable calendar
o Ensure payment requests are properly approved
o Ensure proper expense coding and application to the proper accounting period
o Respond timely to coding errors and propose correcting entries and/or accounting periods
o Ensure voided payment transactions are correctly processed and properly destroyed
o Process, maintain, and confirm receipt of merchandise for the purchase order system
o Respond and research customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
o Keep current on IRS vendor reporting requirements
o Maintain and secure the master vendor file and applicable Forms W-9
o Prepare an analysis of Aged Accounts Payables and investigate and resolve outstanding obligations
o Prepare an analysis of open purchase orders; investigate status, resolve, and restore budget; ensure that completed purchase orders are closed out
o Assist the department with posting AP accruals at month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
o Reconcile the AP aging report to the general ledger
o Assist in the preparation of the annual audits
o Review and process Forms 1099 to AP vendors
o Review master vendor file; identify duplicate vendors, close out inactive vendors
• Process all accounts receivable activity through the ERP system
o Maintain an up to date billing system (customer name, terms, etc.)
o Ensure customers, vendors, and government agencies are billed in accordance with agreed upon terms
o Ensure timely deposits of incoming receipts and post to customer subsidiary ledger
o Research billing inquiries and resolve noted discrepancies and posting errors
o Prepare an analysis of Aged Receivables and investigate and resolve outstanding balances
o Reconcile the AR aging report to the general ledger
o Assist the department with posting AR accruals at month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close
• Ensure internal controls and Bellwether policies are applied to all transactions
• Continually assess AP and AR system for process improvements
• Collaboratively work with other departments to resolve posting/billing issues, when applicable
• Undertake other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller – Non-Profit Operations
• Associate’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent experience)
• 3 years’ experience with accounts payable and accounts receivable processing using an ERP system
• Basic accounting experience – ability to propose routine journal entries for accounts payables and accounts receivable.
• Experience working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to properly prioritize competing priorities
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Experience with Yardi Voyager
Other Position Requirements
• A personal vehicle is not a requirement of this position. However, if using a personal or company-owned vehicle in the performance of job duties associated with this position, incumbent must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License, the appropriate amount of automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
• Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Bellwether Housing.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, flexible work schedule
Compensation: $62,500 - $69,300 per year DOE, benefits
Benefits: Bellwether Housing provides 24 days of PTO in the first year of employment for all employees working over 20 hours per week. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service; three medical plans to choose from, one with an employer funded HSA; dental; vision; flexible spending accounts, disability (short- and long-term); employer paid life insurance; and commuter benefits.
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.