The Contract Billing Specialist bills and contacts facilities regarding outstanding balances in an attempt to recover accounts receivable.
- Work with facilities to secure payment on outstanding account balances
- Follow up with facilities as necessary
- Field incoming calls from facilities representatives
- Update the facility account record to identify actions taken on the account
- Process “queues” within appropriate timeframes,(e.g. RCM, Facility Contract Module)
- Exhibit exemplary customer service in all interactions
- Document notes and patient information into the billing system accurately and timely
- Process facility statements, invoices and payments accurately
- Working knowledge of all contracts
- Working knowledge of all Medicare/Medicaid/Consolidated Billing Rules and Regulations
- Communicate with management regarding account status and challenges
- Comply with HIPAA compliance guidelines, policies and procedures to assure confidential information is protected in accordance with the HIPAA rules and regulations.