About the Role
As a Tovala Customer Support Specialist, you will work with the Support Team to help our customers have a seamless and enjoyable experience with our company -- from ordering a Tovala Smart Oven to cooking a delicious Tovala Meal in their home, educating and troubleshooting anything in between. You’ll be the first line to greet incoming chats, calls, and emails and ensure that questions or concerns from our customers are addressed in a timely, appropriate, and fun manner. You will aim to provide support that is above and beyond and work to add an element of surprise and delight to all customer interactions. You will also be providing vital insights to the rest of the team to help improve our products and services.
More About the Role
We are continuing to shape our service and building our brand, and customer support is an essential piece of that. As a Customer Support Specialist, you will have the option of working remotely and also the chance to come into the office to collaborate with the team. Aside from the first month of training, which will be done at HQ in Chicago. You will be providing customer support during shifts with times ranging between 9:00am to 10:00 pm CT, including weekends. (Note: During Covid-19, this role has transitioned to entirely a remote, online position including training. We do hope when the time is appropriate to move back to the optional remote position, but for the foreseeable future this position will remain entirely remote)
Your responsibilities will include:
• Monitor and respond to email inquiries.
• Answer questions and resolve issues in real-time via online chat.
• Answer calls and phone customers to provide live support when necessary.
• Provide Tech Support help when troubleshooting the oven or App
• Educate customers around all aspects of our service and product
• Use Zendesk and other CRM software to maintain records of customer interactions.
• Analyze common trends to detect underlying problems and update customer-facing product manuals and assets for better customer self-help.
• Opportunity for sales and commissions
• Highlight trending topics to the business and engineering teams to help improve our product and services.
• Active role in sales and Error Reporting
• Maintaining high customer satisfaction
• Have fun! We want our customers to feel like they are truly a part of the Tovala family. A family that supports, solves problems, educates and celebrates together while sharing the the goodness of eating better.
• You’re extremely responsive and patient.
• You’re outgoing, energetic, and love talking to people.
• You have customer service experience and are obsessed with customer satisfaction.
• You live for good food, so you understand the importance of a good home-cooked meal.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Masterful problem-solving skills – identifying the root cause and customer needs
• Strong computer skills, fast typing skills, and light technical troubleshooting experience
• Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally – we are a fast-growing, quick-paced (and always changing) company!
• A great sense of humor and a team player kind of attitude
• You are available to work evening and weekend shifts
• Bonus: experience with Zendesk or similar support tools.