The Infrastructure Engineer III is responsible for performing complex technical design and implementation of network infrastructure (switches, firewalls, routers, etc.)
Technical Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and support of the customer network infrastructure.
- Participate in the design, setup and configuration of complex L2/L3 switch infrastructure.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the entire LAN (Local Area Network)
- Contribute to the ongoing development of network and security standards while adhering to best practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot escalated tickets by the installation support team.
- Maintain, create and update all network documentation and topology diagrams.
- Configure and support multiple datacenters consisting of a Cisco Nexus LAN (L2/L3), ASR/ISR WAN, ASA firewalls, Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and other miscellaneous network appliances.
- Leverage multiple network monitoring tools to analyze network traffic patterns to proactively identify performance issues and account for capacity planning.
- Work with multiple vendors routinely for support, procurement of new hardware, feature enhancement and design strategy when required.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and maintaining a L3 private IP MPLS carrier network via BGP peering as well as a sophisticated private BGP WAN topology. Full ownership of all WAN CE routers, configurations, QoS policies and ensuring stability of the network 24/7.
- Support ISP Internet connectivity for our customer from multiple carriers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- On a project basis, may be required to work in maintenance windows outside of normal business hours.
- When requested, attends IT meetings and scheduled teleconferences.
- Prioritize project issues according to contracted SLA
- Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by PM
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into ConnectWise
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- BS Degree in the field of Computer Science or at least 10 years equivalent work experience.
- CCIE, CCNP, MCSE and other industry recognized IT certifications
- In-depth knowledge of network technologies such as VLAN, STP, LACP, MPLS, L2VPN, Routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF), DNS, Proxy, etc.
- Proven capability to handle network hardware such as Cisco routers, ethernet switches and load balancers, firewalls, Cisco wireless devices, DNS/DHCP (DDI), etc.
- Experienced with network monitoring tools
- Engineer must possess strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting skills and recommend next appropriate actions.
- Demonstrated Data Center/Sever room build out experience (power, network, cooling, etc.)
- Engineer must be able to work in a fast-pace, changing environment where they need to work on numerous projects at once.
- A team player with strong customer-oriented attitude, interpersonal skills and works well in a multicultural workplace
- Self-discipline, self-starter, professional, who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance, and oversight
- Excellent time management skills that support a balance of strategic and tactical activities
- Display the professional qualities expected in the IT group and adopt a disciplined approach to problem solving
- Able to be on standby and perform downtime work during weekends and off-hours