NATURE & SCOPE
Maintains the chemistry, microbiology, and physical testing facilities and supplies in good working order. Performs cleaning to include glassware, media preparation, autoclave operation, filing, organizing and routine physical, chemical and microbiological testing of samples submitted to SORA Laboratories.
The responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician include; but are not limited to, the following: Management retains the right to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime. The functions below are to be performed in accordance with all applicable FDA, OSHA, EPA, and ISO standards and regulations.
• Local travel (between sites): Occasional (< 25%)
• Must possess a valid U.S. Driver’s License
• Maintain the laboratory facilities in a clean and organized manner. General cleaning and organizing of laboratories to include dusting shelves, sweeping, mopping, cleaning and storage of glassware.
• Perform routine tasks each evening to include loading and starting dishwashers, cleaning remaining glassware, emptying water bottles, stocking pipette tips and other laboratory supplies.
• Organize and maintain the necessary chemical and reagent stocks and check for expired chemicals.
• Perform the receipt, compositing, and organization of samples, and archiving of completed samples submitted to SORA Labs.
• Prepare bulk media and operate autoclave for media preparation and trash disposal.
• Perform and report the assigned testing of samples submitted to the laboratory.
• Record and peer-review analytical work performed as required for GMP and laboratory accountability.
• Properly handle and dispose of all hazardous waste generated during routine functions.
• Log and distribute material to correct testing areas
• Cross-train and assist others in performing routine testing of submitted samples.
• Minimum – Knowledge of Science
• Preferred – Education in a science field is preferred. Requires 0 to 3 years experience.
• Basic laboratory skills (e.g. pipetting, weighing, dilutions, etc.)
• Proficient mathematical and statistical skills
• Proficient in MS Office, Excel, and Power Point
• Work is carried out in an analytical labatory, there is considerable exposure to raw materials and chemical regents.
• Personal Protective Equipment such as lab coats, gloves, safety glasses and respirators must be worn as defined by safety policy.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possess expertise and proficiency with analytical laboratory glassware, equipment and instrumentation.
• Be able to read, analyze, and interpret methods and standard operating procedures.
• Be willing to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays when needed.
• Be able to work independently in an organized and reliable manner.
The position requires extensive standing. The employee is regularly required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.