RNR Tire Express is a national franchise retailer of quality tires and custom wheels offered with convenient, affordable payment options designed to fit each customer’s unique budget. Established in 2000, RNR has grown to over 100 locations in 22 states.
A career with RNR Tire Express can provide a challenging and rewarding opportunity for individuals who have a strong desire to succeed. We value our employees because we believe if we take care of our people, they will take care of our customers.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the store’s operations. Prior experience as general manager, store manager, auto dealership, automotive retail, auto sales, retail management, retail manager is very helpful to the success at this job.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the store. Supervises four to five non-supervisory employees and one sales manager in a team environment. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
What our General Managers Do:
• Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees.
• Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Ensuring availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories.
• Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Operating store to company standards, including most KPIs on a weekly basis
• Creating a positive and sales-oriented culture within the store and building a “bench” of team members who want to advance in their careers with us.
• Manage the profitability and financial health of the store.
General Manager Requirements:
• Two to four years supervisory/management experience. Previous Rent-to-Own (Aarons, Buddys, RAC, Rim Tyme, Rent-a-Wheel, etc) and/or wheel and tire experience is desirable but not necessary.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from upper management, employees, vendors, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Payroll systems; Internet software; and Database software.
• Valid in-state driver’s license.
• Compliance with company drug-free program and successfully pass background and MVR checks.
• This is a safety sensitive position