Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys Technology is seeking an Application Programmer to support the United States Department of Veterans Affairs in Washington, DC. This position will be primarily remote but will require some visibility at the job site.
• Program software solutions to meet customer needs
• Create and implement the source codes for new applications
• test source code and debug code
• evaluate existing applications and perform updates and modifications
• bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• working knowledge of programming languages such as Java and ORACLE
• 2+ years experience in application and software development
• knowledge of software design and programming principles
• good mathematical and problem-solving skills
• good communication and team-working skills
• Must be a US Citizen
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.