Job Title: Porter
Reports To: Community Association Manager & Lead Porter
Summary: The Porter is responsible for cleaning and stocking all assigned public areas of the community ensuring that all procedures are completed to established standards.
- Vacuums all common areas and floors at least once per week
- Dust lobby and amenity area to reflect 5-star reputation
- Clean assigned areas using designated checklists. Ensure that cleanliness and condition of each area meets established standards.
- Monitor and handle resident’s complaints by following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring satisfaction.
- Respond to all radio/cell calls promptly.
- Document pertinent information in department logbook.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving, check with manager prior to leaving.
- Deliver and exceed client, resident, and guest expectations.
- Acknowledge residents and guests.
- Present a professional demeanor and possesses a “Client-First” attitude.
- Effectively assist with resident’s needs and respond to resident and guest inquiries/questions.
- Perform cleaning responsibilities with attention to detail.
- Submit required records, logs, and reports.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company; Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to meet deadlines
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in janitorial/housekeeping position required
While performing the duties of this position, the porter may come into contact with residents and guests. This role is primarily responsible for cleaning common areas and routinely uses standard cleaning equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move items of medium to heavy weight.
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.