Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager
Hourly wage: $16-18
Customary Behavior: To consciously, specifically, intentionally practice our Core Values, Mission Statement, and Our Shared Commitment daily.
Summary: Under the supervision and direction of the Community Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring the overall physical aspects of the community meet the established standards for safety, appearance, and operation within the budgeted financial goal including, but not limited to, the interior and exterior of the building, plus all other areas related to the day-to-day function of the building and activity of the residence; oversees outside contracts and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Continually inspects property for improvements, immediately reporting any deficiencies to the Community Manager (via email or phone).
• Establishes a preventative maintenance program with the Community Manager.
• Communicates with the Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager on a weekly basis to track and complete any building or maintenance projects; reports any maintenance work performed in-house to the Community Manager on a weekly basis.
• Performs light electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; touch up paint and ensure property is well cared for; manages complicated maintenance projects through the Community Manager.
• Inspects and supervises all vendors who work on or maintain building equipment, including the pool equipment, chiller, boilers, etc.
• Knowledgeable of building systems including water shut-offs, electrical cut-offs, etc.
• Responds to all emergency maintenance calls immediately during regular business hours Monday through Friday; determines problems and solutions, or contacts the Community Manager for assistance; responds to after hours call from the Community Manager when assistance is needed in resolving emergencies; reports all issues, day or night, to the Community Manager.
• Maintains cleanliness of common area amenities and Spa area.
• Oversees cleaning service to ensure thorough cleaning; performs daily custodial work as needed in the building including vacuuming, dusting, window cleaning, sweeping and mopping.
• Orders, receives and maintains all supplies for the cleanliness and maintenance of the building.
• Replaces light bulbs as needed in all common areas.
• Removes weeds and trash (including animal waste) from the rock and flowerbeds around the building the days the cleaning/ground staff is off.
• Performs other activities as requested by the Community Manager or Board of Directors.
• Should have knowledge of basic electrical repair and replacement, HVAC trouble shooting, controls, plumbing, lighting and general facilities maintenance and repair.
• Ability to be personable and must be customer service oriented.
• Respectful and responsive to home owners and resident inquiries and concerns.
• Should be able to complete all work in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
• Able to identify and utilize resources available and work in a team environment.
Core Competencies (To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Attention to Detail - Total task accomplishment through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
• Research/Analysis - gathering information from various sources, comparing and weighing information to make logical decisions.
• Initiative - Attempts to influence events and achieve goals; self-starting rather than passive acceptance. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments, tasks, responsibilities or people.
I have read and understand the contents of this Position Description. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify the Human Resources Manager if I require an accommodation to perform any essential function(s) of this position.
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Be dependable, reliable and follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required or higher standards, and pitching in to get the job completed.
• Be attentive to detail and monitoring adherence to Association standards.
• Valid driver’s license.
• HVAC certification preferred
• Two years of experience in electrical, plumbing, painting and maintenance.
• Great customer service and organizational aptitude.
• Must be available for weekend, overtime and on-call hours
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity and Life Balance.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience in HOA, Apartment / Multi Family maintenance
Full time Hammersmith® employees are offered a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, HSA and FSA participation, comprehensive 401(k) plan, sick and vacation time, volunteer day of service, and much more!
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.