PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Patient Benefits Coordinator.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assist PTHA patients in accessing alternate resources for healthcare coverage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide enrollment assistance, at acceptable department standards (qualitative & quantitative), to PTHA eligible patients for publically funded and/or subsidized health care resources (i.e. HCA, DSHS, Medicare). Assistance includes but is not limited to: completing on-line applications, in-person meetings, phone calls, routing supporting documentation and referring patients to appropriate agencies.
- Deliver general education to PTHA eligible patients about alternate healthcare coverage options such as: the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Health Benefit Exchange (HBE), Department of Health and Human Services (DSHS), Health Care Authority (HCA) and Medicare, etc.
- Impartially explain the various qualified health plans to PTHA eligible patients, the essential benefits of such plans, and the rights and responsibilities when using health insurance.
- Use available resources (i.e. internet/web) to accurately identify qualified health plans for patients.
- Explain the importance of maintaining coverage, reporting change of circumstance, the renewal processes and the impact of failing to report changes and/or allowing coverage to lapse.
- Educate patients to enable them to manage their own health insurance, report changes and understand their coverage.
- Provide enrollment assistance, focusing on Social Security Disability (SSD), Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI), and Medicare parts A,B,C (Advantage Plans) and D. Works closely with the Social Security Administration (SSA) on local and regional levels and Washington Department of Health and Human Services (DSHS) to help establish eligibility for Medicare, Supplemental Social Security Income (SSI), and Social Security Disability (SSD).
- Performs patient representative functions including: Assisting patients with applications, making hospital/nursing home visits to interview patients and complete applications, perform community outreach to educate patients on SSD, SSI and Medicare parts A,B,C (Advantage Plans) and D, and interpret rules and regulations for alternate resources to patients.