Founded in 2007, Initiate Government Solutions (IGS) a Woman Owned Small Business, specializes in healthcare information solutions with emphasis on technology spectrum. IGS partners with government and commercial clients to tackle the most challenging healthcare information technology issues including large scale implementations, business informatics, analytics, and electronic health record support.
IGS is currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to support our work with the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Assignment of Work and Travel:
This is a remote access assignment. Candidate will work remotely daily and will remotely access HHS systems and therein use approved HHS provided communications systems. Travel is not required; however, the candidate may be required to attend onsite client meetings as requested.
Responsibilities and Duties (Included but not limited to):
- Provide management, administration, and engineering services for diverse fileserver operating platforms, including (but not limited to) Linux, Windows, VMware, and Network Appliance Corporation
- Ensure limited and controlled physical access
- Include built-In redundancies for components that are critical for the performance of the contract
- Renewing licenses for all software installed on the infrastructure
- Monitoring, auditing, and policy enforcement of physical, network, and user-level security of the system and resources
- Regular maintenance procedures that impact the use of the resource during nights or weekends
- Maintain a consistent configuration baseline
- Implement Linux/Windows interoperability solutions
- Identify opportunities for system and environment improvement and report weekly
- Identify trends to proactively address potential performance bottlenecks
- Explore system information to support potential solution
- Patch all systems to minimize security vulnerabilities
- Verify weekly backups by checking the backup application log
- Provide report on any system issues and document any system addition or modifications
- Provide configuration guides for each system, ATO documentation updated as necessary, Documentation of bugs/fixes and user interactions and help desk ticket tracking and closure
- Update guides upon addition or modification of any new or existing systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Systems Engineer/Administrator
- In depth experience with managing Windows and Linux Operating Systems and VMware
- Working technical knowledge of networking and PC operating systems, including Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Work with help desk ticketing system for problem tracking and resolution
- Diagnoseand resolve technical hardware and software issues in a complex network environment
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot PC hardware components and peripherals
- Configure systems in accordance with NCI security policies
- Linux System Administration; configuration; Linux Clustering; Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a HHS Public Trust
Preferred Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Current HHS Public Trust
- Microsoft or VMware Certification highly desired
- SAS Grid experience is a plus
- Experience supporting NIH institutes, specifically NCI
- Experience working on federal government contracts, preferably centered around cancer research, health informatics, cancer biology or clinical trials
Initiate Government Solutions offers competitive compensation and a strong benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental and vision care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Initiate Government Solutions participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program.
Initiate Government Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Our company policy is to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.