Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa is seeking a talented System Configuration Analyst III to serve as the company expert on claims adjudication through product setup and the rules engine to deeply understand possible options and implement effective and efficient design solutions. You will provide configuration and data management support through planning, analysis, design, testing and documentation across all business areas to integrate, operate and deploy technology solutions. Use your strong collaboration and communication skills to drive solutions and implement changes to critical business applications and analyze application configuration to ensure it is efficient in setup and functionality. May consider candidates at a higher level based on experience.
Delta Dental of Iowa provides dental and vision insurance to more than 1 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by supporting and funding health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of underserved Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on claims adjudication through the rules engine, understanding how changes can impact other areas.
- Serve as SME on the product set up configuration, understanding how changes can impact other areas.
- Work with all levels in the company to understand needs, maintain data integrity and create solutions that work.
- Gather, compile and document user requirements.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, deployment and testing of new or enhanced system development for moderate to complex operations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of user configuration and effectively translate needs to facilitate information systems and operational process development. Understand and communicate impacts.
- Drive and participate in the creation, documentation and execution of test plans, scenarios and cases to validate appropriate business requirements and objectives are met.
- Manage and track user configuration work.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal team members, internal and external business partners, and other stakeholders throughout initiatives. May do scope and estimates for moderately complex projects.
- Develop positive working relationships and build trust with internal and external business partners and develop knowledge of internal business.
- Participate in project management as a team member and manage moderately complex projects.
- Perform beginning to mid-level SQL queries to support production related activities and functions.
- Analyze data to derive business insights and identify potential issues. Drive communication and resolution.
- Create process models, specifications and diagrams and look for opportunities to improve and/or drive down costs.
- Troubleshoot claims that have adjudicated improperly to collaboratively identify root cause including rules, product configuration and group/member setup.
- Create, document and follow procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent related work experience.
- 6-8 years of related technology experience (configuration, data management, business analyst, project management) and/or claims management experience.
- Advanced Excel experience.
- Strong problem solving, detail orientation, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starter with strong technical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience with project planning, execution, and implementation.
- Strong administrative systems knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate issues and handle proactively.
- System configuration experience preferred.
- Experience using SQL to set up tables and gather data preferred.
- Experience in claims and/or benefits processing or administration preferred.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
EEOC Poster Supplement