A Human Resources Generalist at IDG must first be a true HR and compliance warrior. You must have a strong moral compass, be guided by doing what is right, and be a consummate professional. You must have experience with and knowledge of HR and Payroll. This job requires that you be available to our teams when needed, sometimes on evenings and weekends. Our days are dictated by the needs of our employees and taking care of them is our number one priority, which requires flexibility, fluidity, and compassion. This opportunity is perfect for someone who has a lot of HR and Payroll administration experience, is detail oriented, thorough, and exacting when it comes to the quality of their work, computer savvy, and has an interest to grow. There is no task too small and no project too large to tackle. This department comes from a place of “yes” and we are happy to help whenever and with whatever is necessary. You will be successful in this position if you have the ability to separate your personal life from your professional life and truly understand the role of serving our team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Role and Responsibilities
• Take ownership of Paylocity HRIS system, which require previous experience on the platform in Recruiting, Onboarding, Payroll and Benefits.
• Serve as liaison with our outsourced Payroll team for all things related to Payroll and employee questions.
• Serve as our Benefits Administrator with a full understanding of how the Benefits Portal works, helping enroll employees, and being the main point of contact for our COBRA TPA.
• Manage the monthly ACA reporting and health insurance offerings to employees.
• Spearhead the administration part of Open Enrollment, setting up the enrollment on Web Benefits, crafting communications, enrollments changes, etc.
• Audit monthly insurance bills and communicate changes to Payroll and vendor partners.
• Monitor the monthly FSA report.
• Strong ability to navigate Paylocity and run compliance reports for ACA, Census, 1095s, EEO reporting, etc.
• Experience with LOA and proper documentation of employees’ leave.
• Point person in responding to all Covered CA response letters.
• Point person for all workers’ compensation matters and employee injuries.
• Manage WC claims and MPNs, attend depositions, monitor monthly MEDCOR reports from broker, communicate with management teams about employee’s status, attend quarterly claims review meetings.
• Compliance guru with strong grasp on all Federal and State Laws applicable to our industry.
• Track all compliance posters at each location and make sure we are up to date with postings.
• Serve as point person for onboarding and ensure that new employees are set up for success with parking cards, email, access to necessary platforms and training materials, etc.
• Serve as administrative point person for separation of employment, ensuring removal of employee’s email, access to platforms, etc.
• Translate any documents or corporate communications into Spanish.
• Serve as translator when needed.
• Assist with employee relations as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Furthermore, the individual must be able to multi-task and work at various paces, adapting to business levels, manage time efficiently, be organized, and have reliable attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older.
As a Human Resources Generalist at IDG, you will be an integral part of our HR Department. Your primary focus will be to support and partner with the Human Resources Director in all things HR.
• Strong background as an HR Coordinator/Admin.
• Strong understanding of all labor laws, Federal, State and local for CA, AZ and NV.
• Computer savvy (PC required) with ability to learn new software/programs, if needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management teams, colleagues, employees, guest and vendors.
• Articulate and polished in communication and presentation.
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently within deadlines.
• Professional and friendly attitude, true team player.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures, sets the example and leads with grace.
• Accountability for decisions, actions and behavior.
• Ability to work remotely and come into the office, as necessary.
• Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems, complaints and concerns as necessary.
• Knowledge of Federal, State and Local legislation and Labor Laws related to restaurant operations.
• Willingness to help with special projects as assigned.
• General understanding of restaurant/hospitality business.
• Ability to approach job with the understanding of building trust, keeping confidences, working with discretion, and that protecting the company is symbiotic with taking care of our amazing employees.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and not take things personally.
• Understands how to treat all people fairly and consistently, with professionalism and respect.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in Human Resources. Experience in Hospitality Industry and a College degree preferred.
Must have strong command of English language, with excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with a variety of business partners, guests, colleagues, employees, and third-party vendors. Must be able to facilitate the communication process. Must be bi-lingual in Spanish.
Proficiency with common computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, email and SharePoint. Must have experience working with Paylocity HRIS. CTUIT and Hot Schedules experience preferred.
Ability to perform basic mathematical functions as relates to the essential functions of the job.
Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to treat employee concerns with discretion and professionalism, and allegations with neutrality, in a fair and consistent manner. Must have ability to look at any situation from various perspectives and be able to problem solve. Always willing to think out of the box, ask why, and find a better way of doing things.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Degree and/or certification in Human Resources preferred.
This position is responsible to support the overall function of the Human Resources Department, reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources. With that comes a responsibility to find the balance of protecting and nurturing both our employees and the company itself.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constant sitting at a computer for long periods of time, with some walking and standing; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. May be working in close proximity to co-workers, although conscience of social distancing.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low, generally in an indoor setting. The employee may be required to work a varying schedule to include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. Position may also require ability to travel to restaurants when necessary. Ability to work remotely and also in the office, when necessary.
This performance profile has been approved by the Company. This performance profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
My signature below constitutes my understanding and acknowledgement of the job requirements, essential functions of the job, and duties of the position, as well as attest that I can perform the essential functions of the job.
Employee’s Name (printed legibly)
Employee’s Signature Date