United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help. We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs. We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters and family and personal crises of any kind. We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family. If you’re an individual who wants to make a difference in the communities we serve, we have 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist positions open on our Health & Human Services team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists are highly trained professionals who assess callers' needs and provide referrals to community resources. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day every day of the year. Using a proprietary and comprehensive database of CT social services, 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists address callers' needs ranging from general information to cases of complex social problems such as financial problems, housing, substance abuse, crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
The Hours: Various shifts available
• Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
• Sunday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
• Sunday through Thursday, 1:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Full-Time)
• Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Full-Time)
The Pay & Benefits: Competitive $20.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential;
• An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,300 annually).
• 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
• 10 paid holidays per year.
• Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
• Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
This position is Job Grade: 13
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.