This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
• Take an active role in understanding the business and employee issues company wide.
• Ensure that HR policies and processes are consistently administered.
• Provide coaching and conflict resolution to managers and employees.
• Facilitate employee relations issues as needed.
• Record and manage employee information such as, but not limited to, personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance evaluations and termination information.
• Clearly present information and prepare reports for management.
• Actively participate in policy and procedure development.
• Deliver a high level of service to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform a wide variety of tasks; the ability to change focus quickly as demands change is essential.
• Conduct investigations in employee and customer situations, including but not limited to, harassment, discrimination, a violation of company policies.
• Use tact when expressing ideas or opinions.
• Assess situations and make optimal and speedy decisions.
• Display honest, trustworthy and ethical behavior when dealing with internal and external customers.
• Display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment.
• Performs project work and other duties as assigned.
• Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, collaborate, and lead.
• Highly organized with a record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Must handle confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
• Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, enjoy and create a team environment.
• Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, and prompt customer service.
• Able and willing to work cooperatively with other team members.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
• Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
• Knowledge of employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and labor relation.
• General knowledge of employment laws and best practices
• Bi-lingual English and Spanish a plus
Education and Experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business degree or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
• Three to five years progressive Human Resources experience required.
• PHR/SPHR highly desirable, but not required.