Shift: Thursday/Friday/Saturday 9pm to 9am
The Crisis Services Assistant (CSA) will provide residential clients with support services and activities to assist their process of moving from crisis to stability. Provide consistent supervision of all residents in the facility, ensuring their safety, abstinence from drugs & alcohol, and that they abide by the rules and policies of the YWCA program.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- All employees must be familiar and compliant with the policies & procedures of the organization, and follow the guidelines of the Employee Handbook.
- Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records as assigned, possibly including, but not limited to: Communication Logs, Daily Entry, and Telephone Calls.
- Complete all documentation regarding tracking and reporting client progress through programs as assigned.
- Assist with site and building support, including but not limited to, maintaining medication keys, assigning rooms, monitor freezer and refrigerator temperatures, replace toilet paper and shower curtains, and make beds and clean facilities.
- Manage shelter activities ensuring adequate working procedures are in place at all times.
- Monitor and respond to activity at entry doors.
- Receive and respond to Crisis Calls
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all shelter consumables; including but not limited to, personal items, kitchen supplies, and food at all times.
- Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
- Maintain and oversee resident compliance with YWCA rules and standards, directing disciplinary action when needed in a fair & equal manner and providing points as appropriate.
- Check rooms and client common areas as directed.
- Perform drug/alcohol screens on any client as determined necessary or as directed by supervisory staff, charting fully all client reaction and result.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of intakes, crisis calls, abusers log, and rooms list. This includes cross training other staff.
- Randomly check on residents throughout the night to make sure each one is appropriately accounted for.
- Responsibility for client emergencies, i.e. sickness, alcohol/drug usage, etc., making referrals for clients as necessary. Notify Program Coordinator of all such emergencies in complete detail. Provide Incident Report to Director prior to leaving shift.
- Post new weekly sheets (daily plans, menus, meetings, chores, etc.)
- Attendance at staff meetings as required.
- Agreement to attend continuing education workshops/seminars, CPR and First Aid Training, as required
- Comply fully with all requests from Supervisor, assist and cooperate with all staff in the performance of their duties.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization's goals.