We are seeking a Project Manager who will take ownership of the implementation of various operational initiatives, including enhancing existing and developing new processes and technical solutions for all products. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized individual who can work across all organizational divisions – including but not limited to Operations, Accounting, Underwriting, Marketing, Technology, and Product/Business Teams – to accomplish specific projects. As the company continues to advance its operational efficiencies through enhanced workflows and technology, the Project Manager will keep each specific initiative or project on task and on time, as well as document all business processes.
Projects can include developing applications across the company’s lines of business, creating and automating required recurring reports, and similar related tasks specific to each business team. Essential responsibilities revolve around an understanding of the organizational road maps and business processes in conjunction with the expectations for executing operational milestones on time.
- Gain a thorough understanding of all Palomar internal applications: Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Perform feasibility analyses, scope projects and work with the business teams to prioritize deliverables and identify gaps in process or system
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project; work to streamline steps and timelines needed to launch new process or software solutions
- Create process documentation/mapping to fully encapsulate the business workflows and components for each project
- Coordinate technical aspects needed with the Technology and Business departments and ensure development, testing and production releases are in line with desired timelines
- Discuss, assess and document business, function or product requirements
- Create and maintain project plans reflecting current open items and progressing statuses
- Meet regularly with senior management to prioritize pipeline initiatives and provide project status updates; report on project progress and success through-out the project’s lifecycle
- Work with business functional leads and Technology to implement improved process and new software partner solutions
- Conference call and meeting coordination, including documenting agendas and minutes
- Interact with accounting and underwriting teams to identify preferred reporting requirements and workflows
- UAT coordination and oversight, assisting business teams in creating test cases, tracking feedback and managing testing timelines
- Continuously document and share decisions agreed upon and pending open items with relevant parties to ensure overall seamless implementations
- Show strong business and technical judgment that will accelerate time to market of releases, while incrementally moving our services towards the long-term vision
- Interacting with Business SMEs, BA Development Teams, Accounting, Product Managers, and Underwriters as required.