Summary: As an Accounting Assistant, you will get to see the full cycle of Accounting from managing payments to processing payroll. You will gain experience in a variety of settings which may include data entry, processing accounts payable and receivable, coding expenses, and creating reports.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Hours TBD
Rate of Pay: $13-$15 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Attend departmental staff meetings, board meetings, and other meetings as requested to acquire substantial knowledge about the department's business. objectives, goals, operations, and work culture.
• Provide support on a variety of Accounting functions.
• Assist Community Association Accounting and Corporate Accounting by performing all procedures with accuracy and timeliness.
• Work effectively with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger.
• Create reports and spreadsheets as needed.
• Maintain files and accounting documentation.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Participate in events as part of the internship program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
• Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company; Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
• Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
• Skill in delivering excellent customer service
• Skill in organization and analytics
• Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
• Ability to utilize different computer software programs
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
• Ability to build strong working relationships with Team Members
Education and Experience:
• Student pursuing a degree in Accounting or a related field
• Must consistently exhibit a high level of customer service.
• Must accurately record and communicate information.
• Work with a high sense of urgency.
• Be adaptable to new assignments and changing environments with short notice.
• Be accountable for results.
Hammersmith® is an Equal Opportunity Employer.