At Devon Bank, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority.
We are searching for a Residential Mortgage Underwriter to add to our team. If you have a desire to succeed and help customers, then Devon Bank is the place for you! In addition to a rewarding career in banking, we also provide a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We also offer the flexibility of being located at any of our Chicago area locations--Bridgeview, Orland Park, Chicago, Glenview , Wheeling and Sycamore. We are open to this position being mostly remote, but you will need to travel to one of our locations on an as needed basis for team meetings and training.
In this role, you will be responsible for underwriting residential 1-4 family mortgage loans in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures and all applicable agency and investor guidelines. Conventional, FHA/VA, DE sponsored.
Here are some details on the responsibilities:
· Complete & thorough review of file and adherence to product/investor guidelines.
· Identify risk factors and formulate sound underwriting conclusions that adhere to investor requirements.
· Review of signatures and early disclosure compliance; ensure we are in compliance with all applicable agency regulatory requirements
· Verification of loan officer calculations, and making corrections to income, assets, and debts on the 1003 as files are reviewed
· Review and clearing of conditions within time frames.
· Review of property valuation/appraisals to ensure compliance with investor and regulatory guidelines
· Responsible for ensuring final AUS, 1003 and 1008 match underwriting conditions
· Assist and support operations and branch staff as needed (research of guidelines, calculating income, etc.)
· Timely review of all agency feedback/QC requests.
· Daily interaction with branch staff.
You will need to meet these requirements: