Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys is seeking a Business Development Analyst to support a federal contractor in Vienna, VA. The Business Development (BD) Analyst will focus on supporting BD and Capture Managers with a full range of activities initial external business development, opportunity identification and qualification, and traditional capture management. The ideal candidate will be high energy and by motivated by working with bright, driven people in a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture, independent, self-starting, and be able to stay calm under the pressures of multiple deadlines, possessing good multi-tasking skills.
• Access a variety of Business Intelligence tools to research and monitor competitors and industry news, develop target company profiles, source reports and information and issue routine briefings to the management staff
• Support Business Development and Capture Managers in responding to Request for Information (RFI) notices and developing/populating proposal templates and capture supporting matrices
• Support Proposal Development efforts
• Participate in or facilitate business process modeling & research efforts
• Conduct market analyses; participate in industry conferences, trade shows, symposia, and other venues for information gathering and networking, towards building plans for business development offerings to satisfy emerging customer requirements
• Contribute to competitive intelligence database by developing a thorough understanding of the federal contracting arena, to include large and small businesses
• Create and maintain databases; enter and retrieve data; analyze, create and present reports from databases, forms and questionnaires, monitor record keeping procedures for accuracy, and compile data; review and prepare reports and debriefings
• Maintain quality results by using templates; follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, tone, and maintain proposal support databases
• Excellent writing skills, including understanding of grammatical rules, punctuation, sentence structure, and active/passive voice
• Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field
• Minimum of two years of experience in business development analyst, a corporate/business focused environment, and/or government contracting
• Understanding of Shipley methodology for business development, capture, and proposal support
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook as well as Business Intelligence tools
• Ability to think conceptually, strategically, and critically
• Excellent communications skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide leadership throughout the organization.
• Excellent organization skills, time management skills, and serve as an effective team player, working well with his/her peer group and support staff
• Results-oriented with a strong track record of delivering for their team.
• Ability to synthesize large data sets to develop an accurate analysis.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.