The North America headquarters is seeking a Validation Engineers for our Q3 & Q4 hiring initiative. This position will work within the company’s North America Device Validation Team to support Mobile Device Validation for North America Region. This includes, but is not limited to: Supporting Validation of Customer Requirements, Supporting Validation of Internal Requirements, and Mobile Device Defect Reporting and Resolution. This candidate will also work closely with our Marketing, Quality, Sales and Product Realization/Customer Technical Support Teams.
- Use deep understanding of smart connected and feature devices from customer perspective in order to improve baseline product quality
- Understand requirements and translate them into applied test cases and scenarios, and maintain continual improvement of those cases and scenarios
- Perform customer-specific testing such as Sprint SLATE tests, AT&T 10776 tests, TracFone OTCP tests, and T-Mobile required tests.
- Perform carrier-specific SIM test cases regarding Over-The-Air interaction, such as with Gemalto OTA, OMA-DM, Oberthur and Comprion tools
- Perform carrier-specific provisioning test cases regarding activation, such as Bearer Independent Protocol, OTASP, IOTA-DM or OMA-DM activations.
- Perform general feature testing such as SMS, MMS, LBS, GPS, application performance, including carrier-specific tests as driven by carrier requirements.
- Utilize logging tools such as QxDM, Cather, Wireshark and Android Debugging Bridge (ADB).
- Manage and investigate issues reported by carriers, Technical Account Managers, Quality Managers, Customer Care Managers, Validation Managers, and other Test Engineers.
- Create and enhance internally developed test cases and plans, as products and customer needs evolve.
- Work with R&D and on-site engineering teams to debug device software issues, and take ownership of all issues personally raised.
- Report device defects with detailed exactness in error databases, email correspondence, instant messaging discussions and conferences.
- Execute device testing in various field test environments, including occasionally outside of your home market using various field test tools.
- Prioritize your tasks to align with the Manager’s expectations, and align personal test development areas with internal and external customer expectations beads on test area shortfalls.
- Perform Validation duties as assigned by Manager, Device Validation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Experience working with a dynamic, global company.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with a heavy/complex database management required
- Must be organized, self-motivated and have strong attention to detail
- Must be both independent and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Possess a cooperative “can-do” attitude
- Professional, accessible, and flexible to the changing needs of the department and region
- Able and willing to work flexible hours in order to accomplish daily/monthly tasks
- Capable of handling complex situations with imitative and adapts well to change
- Excellent work ethics and reliability
- Basic knowledge of wireless protocols including UMTS/LTE/CDMA/EvDO, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Near-Field Communication
- Basic knowledge of source code management tools and control procedures, such as GIT and Gerrit
- Intermediate knowledge of device logging tools, including QxDM, QCAT, CAIT, TEMS, Accuver XCAL/XCAP, Catcher and Wireshark
- Intermediate understanding of Phone Software Tools, such as QPST and OEM-specific utilities for parametric management and software upgrades
- Advanced understanding of Application Lifecycle Management methodology, Scrum product development methodology and the importance thereof
- Experience with bug tracking and reporting through JIRA/Confluence, Quality Center, Bugzilla or equivalent tracking systems
- One or more years of Python, Perl, HTML5, CSS, JS, C+ and C# development experience, all inclusive
- Two or more years of Android Software Development Kit (SDK) and/or Google Web Toolkit (GWT) and/or Google App Engine (GAE)
- Three or more years of Java development experience
- Mobile device software development and validation experience
Expertise - Microsoft Office Suite, data analysis, time management, collaboration, problem solving, attention to detail, task prioritization, project management, product management, mobile device software development, mobile device software validation
Education - Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
Job Type - Full-time
Locale - Bellevue, Washington, US
Preferred Language - English and Mandarin Chinese