NATURE & SCOPE
The Custodian, will be responsible for sanitation practices throughout the facility. This includes Production Suites, laboratories, restrooms, offices, warehouse, other general areas and grounds as needed in order to maintain and conform to FDA and cGMP guidelines and regulations for cleaning practices. GMP training and training on specialized equipment will be provided. Works with Production Operators to maintain Production Suite environment below alert limits by following established cleaning practices. The sanitation practices performed must conform to the regulations set forth by all legislature.
• Responsible for coordinating, monitoring and updating documents, forms and logs in relation to cleaning/ sanitation functions
• Following established techniques and using designated solutions, cleans and washes walls, ceilings, inside and outside windows, equipment exteriors, carts, tables, chairs, stools, benches, door handles, door push plates, door latch releases, light switches, telephones, floors, and window blinds.
• Responsible for preparation of solutions, solution disposal, trash disposal. Administrative and laboratory cleaning includes vacuuming carpets and removes stains and foreign matter from a variety of surfaces using proper cleaners.
• Moves office furniture and equipment for cleaning. Sweeps, mops, strips, scrubs, and polishes floors using industrial power equipment
• Partner with Production, Maintenance and Quality Departments to ensure that all sanitation and pest control programs, procedures and systems are effectively developed, executed and monitored per policy requirements
• Washes and cleans windows and ceiling air vents. Dusts and cleans office areas, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures, fire doors, and empties trash containers.
• Cleans and disinfects rest rooms, keeps paper and sanitation supplies on hand. Provides general cleanup outside of buildings.
• Works with Quality Manager to maintain the Pest Control Log.
• Facilitate corrective actions related to pest prevention and sanitation
• Monitor and maintain inventory levels of sanitation supplies, including ordering and replenishing.
• Maintain and log on all sanitation on Master Cleaning Schedules.
• Mixes/Handles chemical concentrates.
• Assists with various special projects as assigned by Management.
• Monitors cleanliness behind/ below facility pallets and racking.
• Works with Maintenance Dept. to make minor interior wall repairs and touch up paint.
• Utilizes powered cleaning equipment that may include lift truck, scissors lift, power washer, foam applicators, automatic compactors and various non-mechanized equipment.
• Follows safety rules including but not limited to safe lifting, lock out/tag out wearing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), following l Safety Data Sheets, proper disassembly and reassembly of equipment.
• Participates in all necessary safety training, team development programs, and plant initiatives.
• Creates/Updates Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform zonal inspections each week to cover the entire facility once per month searching for opportunities pertaining to sanitation and sanitary design
• Focus on sanitation optimization and effectiveness as well as project design and verification
• Other duties relating to facility operation and sanitation, as assigned.
• Minimum – High School Diploma
• Experience with cGMP guidelines and regulations for cleaning practices is preferred.
• 2-3 years’ work experience preferably in a cGMP Facility for dietary supplements.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to read, understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; climb ladders; work involves walking, standing, bending, stooping, and working in confined areas; potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment.
• Assist with general preventive and regular maintenance in and around facility.
• Ability to operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning; read instructions.
• Detailed and thorough