Iowa City Hospice is a community based, not-for-profit organization that offers compassionate care to everyone in our community affected by serious illness or end-of-life conditions. We turn no one away from hospice services due to inability to pay. Iowa City Hospice is seeking a Full-Time Development Associate to be a part of our team.
If you enjoy using your database wizardry and interpersonal communication skills to support a cause that positively changes lives and communities, and if you appreciate being part of a sincerely mission-driven team, we’d like to speak with you about this opportunity!
Our Development Associate position combines daily rote work like data entry and gift processing with the excitement of event management and the satisfaction of having a direct impact on the organization’s success. Iowa City Hospice respects expertise and welcomes new ideas and creative solutions.
If working with a committed team toward share goals a respected and effective nonprofit appeals to you, please call Karen at 319-591-0449 with any employment questions. To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit www.iowacityhospice.org.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package that includes:
Generous paid time off:
- 19 Days Vacation
- 12 Days Sick Leave
Multiple insurance options:
- Three choices of BC/BS Medical plans
- BC/BS Dental
- Avesis Vision
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Paid Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Aflac Accident, Cancer & Short-Term Disability
- 403b with 3% Company Match
- Flex Spending Account for Medical &/or Child Care Expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
Development Associate duties and essential job functions:
- Process all gifts, including entering donor and gift information into the Blackbaud system and producing thank-you letters for executive signature
- Track memorial gifts and communicate totals and donor lists to families
- Regularly update donor lists
- Provide gift reports to management showing trends and progress
- Solicit sponsorships for fundraising events
- Manage volunteers for clerical and event support
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Development to manage, develop, and improve successful fundraising and community awareness events
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Development to manage, develop, and improve donor acknowledgements
- Support and assist co-workers
- Participate in the preparation and accomplishment of marketing and development goals
- Demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication standards to advance cooperative working relationships with Iowa City Hospice staff, management, donors, and community
- Seek out educational and training opportunities and resources
- Ensure effective use of resources
- Serve as an educational resource to staff and community.
- Ensure implementation of strategic goals
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, donors, staff and the organization
- Participate in quality assessment and performance improvement programs
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, plus occasional off-hours fundraising/community awareness events and activities