We are seeking a talented and motivated Software Engineer who has experience designing, implementing, testing, and debugging distributed applications and also has some exposure to software development for embedded processors. This role will be responsible for designing and authoring new middleware code to implement externally- and internally-facing APIs that directly
support product goals. Our Software Engineer will develop code for the Linux x86-64 and ARM-64 platforms and occasionally for the ARM Cortex-M platform.
Just as GPS drove huge gains in efficiency and safety across industries, so will microlocation technology do the same in the built environment, where GPS doesn’t work. Internet of Things. Robotics. Industrial automation. It all starts with location. Microlocation is the common thread that ties these technologies together.
Humatics has developed a breakthrough microlocation system that will revolutionize how people and machines locate, navigate and collaborate. A single Humatics system, using simple, inexpensive radio-frequency technology, can pinpoint multiple, moving targets with submillimeter precision – enabling new uses of industrial automation and human-machine interaction.
- You will design, develop, document, test, and debug new functionality for application software
- You will interface with and contribute to the maintenance of existing code bases
- You will participate in peer code reviews of your code and others’
- You will continuously drive to improve reliability, efficiency, and scalability of the application software/middleware
- You will implement comprehensive unit tests and help design system integration tests
- You will interface with embedded development, UI design / development, and field application engineering teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer or Engineering Science
- 3 years or more of related experience
- Solid programming experience in C++ (fluency with C++11 or newer standard desired)
- Command of OO design principles and practices
- Solid experience developing software for Linux
- Experience designing code for thread safety and debugging multithreaded code
- Exposure to hands-on code development and troubleshooting on embedded processors (bare metal and/or RTOS)
- Experience with UDP/TCP networking protocols/principles
- Experience building and testing APIs and services using REST
- Familiarity with at least one web development framework is a plus
- Practical experience with message-oriented middleware
- Ability to write and execute thorough test procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity ownership in a well-funded early stage startup
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid holidays and unlimited vacation
This position is based at Humatics headquarters in Waltham, MA.
If you do not meet all of these qualifications, but are excited about the opportunity, please apply!
Humatics is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.