The fabricator will ensure the timely completion of environmental control system parts for shipment to customers. Position must have strong abilities with drills, saws, all tube benders, FARO Arm, CP machines for trimming and flaring and the ability to read engineering drawings.
1. Assemble the product per the print and released procedures to ensure a quality product.
2. Ensures correct work order and clocked time is properly tracked.
3. Perform manual and automation bends without supervision.
4. Pre-inspection of tube assemblies per pattern.
5. Verify the warehouse pull contains the right parts, the right quantity and issue a FPY if required.
6. Check the revision of the drawings per the BOM to ensure the part is produced to the correct revision.
7. Use of leak check equipment per drawing or EPS requirements.
8. Trimming, end forming, finishing per Drawing/Process Plan.
9. Crimping, finishing and pre-inspection of hose assemblies.
10. Use of Faro Arm to inspect tube assemblies to XYZ data.
11. Proficient with the use of electric drills, drill press, sanders, saws, vapor degreaser, screwdrivers, wrenches, calipers, clamps, hammers, wire crimpers, and other common hand tools.
12. Training and direction of work to Level I Fabricators.
13. Gather tools and verify that they are calibrated and in good condition prior to starting the work, replace tools that are not compliant.
14. Serialize assemblies as required per the MO documentation using laser.
15. Route to Quality or perform in-process inspection per the procedure.
16. Troubleshoot quality issues and rework as necessary to ensure the product meets requirements, escalate to leadership for difficult issues.
17. Sign all assembly & test operations and clock out of the job to ensure proper tracking of production.
18. Perform foreign object detection (FOD) activities to minimize any potential risks.
19. Comply with all safety procedures to ensure proper protective equipment usage.
20. Responsible for checking and notifying leadership on material needs.
21. Responsible for updating and maintaining Preventive Maintenance.
1. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue and grow skills and abilities.
2. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency and elevate to leadership.
3. Clean, sweep, mop, and remove trash and set workstation to ensure tools are in their proper location and the area is clean for the next job.
4. Identify safety, quality, delivery cost issues and report to management.
The candidate for this position should possess:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment building or repairing parts.
• Experience in fabrication and aviation airframe strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability reading schematics, prints, drawings, etc for part assembly required
• Must have strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions
Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987 to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking solutions to problems commonly found in factory-installed environmental control systems. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications, including fixed-wing and rotorcraft platforms.
ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components and engineering solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. Additionally, ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/ mechanical system design, development and production. Other capabilities include CNC tube fabrication, wire harness fabrication, circuit breaker/relay/control panel design and production, engineering, and testing services. The ACC test facility has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and identify areas where optimization can be realized.
Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. Every ACC system is FAA approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, or as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military.
What Sets Us Apart:
We do the right thing when no one is looking. Personal integrity is non-negotiable here.
At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements.
ACC is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25 and within 1 mile of public transportation. We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment - We work hard and play hard! Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.
Air Comm Corporation
1575 W. 124th Ave Ste 210
Westminster, CO 80234
AIR COMM CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In accordance with U.S. export regulations, Air Comm Corporation has determined that the position for which you are applying may require exposure to technology and/or software source code that is subject to U.S. export controls. It is possible that Air Comm Corporation may require authorization from the U.S. government in the form of an export license before providing an applicant or employee access to such technology and/or software code. When this is the case, employment is contingent upon Air Comm Corporation obtaining any required licenses or government authorizations prior to an applicant starting employment.