REPORTS TO: Systems Implementation Manager II
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
This position will be grant funded for 12 months but may potentially be extended based on a number of possible factors.
Working at All Chicago:
On an average night in 2019, nearly 5,300 people could be found on our streets and in our shelters. Tens of thousands more are just one unexpected setback away from joining them. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago strengthens our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
All Chicago manages the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), a system which manages data on Chicagoans experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness and the services they receive. Our team supports more than 1000 individuals with training, helpdesk services, and running and interpreting reports. Chicago also leverages this data to drive allocation decisions, set strategy and policy, and monitor progress toward ending homelessness.
We bring a sense of urgency to our work, and actively seek to maintain a culture of innovation and collaboration. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness.
Learn more at www.allchicago.org
The System Coordinator is a key member of the HMIS team, which manages Chicago’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). The primary responsibility of the System Coordinator is to support data entry for the Rental Assistance Program and other temporary homeless service projects expanded during the COVID pandemic. This position will also work closely with the HMIS Help Desk team to learn the system and support our collective goals. We strive for excellence in customer service and this position will play an integral role in ensuring users and agencies have a seamless experience with training, entering data, and accessing support through the Helpdesk.
Position responsibilities and work volume will be established and evaluated through ongoing supervision, annual reviews, and the development of an annual professional development plan.
Data Entry – approximately 50% of the job
- Provide timely and accurate data entry to support the Rental Assistance Program, as well as COVID related projects.
- Work with external partners and colleagues within All Chicago to ensure data is submitted in a timely fashion, and work with supervisor to address any missing/late data.
- Work with HMIS team to build reports, as needed, that align with data reporting needs.
Helpdesk and Technical Assistance – approximately 25% of the job
- Respond effectively and professionally to inquiries, complaints, or concerns, as presented by staff, persons of lived experience, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of customer service when interacting with users.
- Proactively address system issues and raise concerns to management, as needed.
- Analyze and problem solve basic and consistent helpdesk issues with service providers.
- Maintain the system’s resource knowledge base and identify new resources that are needed.
- Become proficient in the Helpdesk software and identify areas for improvement.
System Administration & Support – approximately 20% of the job
- Gain proficiency in basic database administration functions to support and maintain system set-up.
- Ensure service providers are in compliance with the HMIS agreements and execute the yearly renewal process.
- Ensure all HMIS documents are current and consistent with the departments communication plan.
- Assist with all related administrative tasks to help staff the necessary committees and user groups.
- Develop templates, take notes, create tools, assist with applications and other tasks as assigned.
- Schedule, plan meetings and appointments.
Other Tasks - approximately 5% of the position
- Keep current on trends and best practices in trainings and develop tools as needed
- Creates an annual professional development plan and actively works to meet identified benchmarks throughout the year.
- Actively participate in department, committee, and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent stewardship of departmental and organizational resources.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Assists with All Chicago events and other activities as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computing, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Good understanding and competency in relational database management systems.
- Experience working in homeless services strongly preferred
- Two years of demonstrated experience with databases and a willingness to learn system administration functions.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours and to take on more responsibilities as assigned.
- A strong work ethic, integrity, and the highest ethical standards are expected.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- Work place is a smoke- and drug-free environment.
- Intermittent travel to off-site locations required.
- Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use.
- This position requires attendance during regular business hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional night and weekend hours are required a few times a year. During COVID, this position may be required to work from home for extended periods of time.
- All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, general identification, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Salary is in the $41,000 - $54,400 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement .
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position begins as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.