Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
Choisys is seeking an Applications Engineer to support a team of professionals in Washington, DC.
- Work with analysts and users to define existing or new interface and/or data cleanse and conversion requirements.
- Collaborate with functional team and design, construct, and maintain software programs in one or more of the following areas:
- Web service interfaces using Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Red Hat Fuse technologies;
- Data cleanse scripts or programs to identify and manage data consistency and quality issues in legacy systems via SQL, excel, or other data comparison or analysis tool; or
- Data conversion scripts and routines to migrate legacy data to the Oracle-based Momentum ERP application, supporting complex business logic and utilizing database performance optimization techniques.
- Develop technical documents, including software implementation guides and design documentation including Interface Control Documents (ICD’s). Work with analysts to ensure software components are properly documented for system users.
- Perform unit testing and provide support to functional analysts during system testing.
- Manage the installation of software components in the acceptance testing and production environments.
- Implement quality assurance standards and processes for validation and verification efforts. Implement software development best practices. Seek out and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Understanding of relational concepts and proficiency with coding and tuning SQL in an Oracle or SQL Server database context.
- Experience with DevOps or DevSecOps practices and automated testing tools.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to solve problems.
- Self-starter. Quick to learn and put new skills to use.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple and shifting priorities while meeting deadlines. Flexibility to put in hours needed to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be a US Citizen
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Knowledge of financial/acquisitions systems implementations.
- Experience implementing Agile methodologies.
- Technical experience working Momentum Financials and the Momentum database. Understanding of Momentum tables and relationships and the technical components used to convert from legacy systems to Momentum, specifically approaches to data mapping, PL/SQL, Momentum FormImport and GSOffline processes.
- Experience working with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Red Hat Fuse.
- Experience implementing system integrations within an Enterprise Service Bus, including management of web-service and file-based interactions with legacy systems.
- Web Services development experience using SOAP, XML, WSDL, WS-Security, and/or JSON.
- Experience developing and deploying services in Red Hat OpenShift or other container platforms.
- Development experience with Java, Python, or other modern programming language.
- Expertise in developing interfaces and/or executing large-scale data conversions.
- Strong understanding of data reconciliation or migration across a variety of data platforms, formats and technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft or Azure Data services, such as Power BI, Azure SQL, SSAS, Synapse, or Azure Data Factory.
- Experience with Data Analytics or Data Cleansing tools and services.
- SharePoint development experience.
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period, 100% requirement to work on site.