Under minimal direction, this position is a licensed social worker that manages a team of Case Managers through the utilization of excellent communication and case management skills in a fast-paced environment. This role will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of the Community Health Corp (CHC) by capitalizing upon acquired expertise, ensuring continuous improvement, and consistently demonstrating hard work.
• Strategically build out the CHC team of Case Managers and Community Health Workers/Peer Counselors.
• Oversee an internal team of four case managers with a range of expertise to assess the needs of City of Detroit residents, and to identify resources and create a plan to implement and track service delivery.
• Assess the ability of case managers to evaluate what services a client is eligible for and identify the ideal mix of services to accomplish client goals.
• Provide final approval for resource disbursement.
• Manage inventory of direct funding and resources.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of relevant social services systems and agencies to ensure client access to appropriate services.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other City of Detroit Departments on resources and direct services that advance the client towards meeting their defined goals of success.
• Develop metrics and measures to measure the impact of the CHC Team's work.
• Strong creative and independent thinking skills that will lead to individualized action plans.
• Ability to work with people in crisis and conflict, including those facing homelessness, financial challenges, mental illness and/or chemical dependency.
• Ability to organize, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally verbally and in writing.
• Strong sense of service to Detroit residents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Smartsheets.
Required Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Worker or relevant field.
• Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience in a relevant field.
• Minimum five (5) years of equivalent experience in the field of Human Services, Advocacy, and/or Case Management in a client services setting
Licenses, Certifications, and Other Special Requirements:
• Valid LMSW or LLSW certification
• Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
The employee generally engages in light physical activity with person to person contact inside and outside the office environment. The employee is expected to move about to accomplish tasks. Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 20 pounds.
Work is performed in indoor and outdoor environments (e.g. home visits, office, care center, clinic. etc.). Work requires travel to various homes and businesses in all areas within the City of Detroit.