Wayside Publishing is seeking a temporary Digital Support Representative for immediate hire. The Digital Support Representative will support the Operations Team and Digital Support Lead by providing digital and application support to users of our Learning Management System, the Learning Site; and by performing other customer service and operations support functions as needed.
As part of the Operations Team, you must possess a positive, customer-centric attitude, creativity in problem-solving, and excellent communication skills with a special emphasis on listening. You will regularly apply your proven written and oral communication skills to communicate via email and phone with users of Wayside Publishing’s Learning Site.
As a small business, all of our positions require flexibility and occasionally additional responsibilities that may include providing other employees with technical support.
Please note that due to the current Pandemic this position will be remote until further notice.
A typical day might include the following:
- Provide first response technical and customer support to inbound questions received via phone and email through a CRM application (Salesforce).
- Process new cases in web-based CRM application.
- Identify and escalate critical questions effectively to the appropriate queue or internal contact.
- Perform daily call back duties to students and teachers to close out open cases, minimizing the number of interactions resulting in quick resolution.
- Use advanced problem-solving skills to determine root cause and provide detailed resolutions to end-users.
- Train teacher and student users on specific Learning Site functions.
- Assist with Rostering duties which can include: course mapping, roster file processing, Clever Syncing, LTI credential creation.
- Use and help to update support resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Ability to learn new software systems, policies, and hardware quickly
- Experience in technical administrative support and/or technical call center preferred
- Demonstrated technical expertise with Internet and web applications is critical
- Experience with CRM software required; Salesforce preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to take detailed notes while on the phone
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a non-technical client base
- Strong and demonstrable customer service background including interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others, de-escalation techniques, etc.
- Team-oriented individual with the ability to work proactively and independently
- Experience in ed-tech, education, or Learning Management Systems like Google Classroom, Canvas, Clever, Blackboard, or others will put you at the top of the list
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude
- Values a friendly and cooperative team environment
- Eagerly seeks out new technology
- Open to Feedback
- Obsessively attentive to details and respectful of deadlines
- Learns and applies new skills quickly
- Responds to stressful situations calmly and effectively
- What we offer
- Remote work option with equipment provided or a BYO equipment policy
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
This position is temporary with the potential for a full-time role to be added.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.