An ideal candidate would have the following:
The Cadence Group is looking for an experienced information security consultant. In this position, this consultant would advise companies on vendor risk management, business continuity/ disaster recovery management, security sales enablement, security risk assessments, developing/ implementing an incident response plan, or other information security projects. We are looking for someone with a technical information security background.
- 2-6 years of experience in one or more of the following: information security, vendor risk management, business continuity, disaster recovery, IT audit, or privacy.
- Working knowledge of general industry security concepts (encryption, access control, change management, secure development, vulnerability management, etc.) and methodologies (NIST CSF, CIS Top 20, etc.).
- Technical experience in at least one information security domain.
- Can confidently speak with clients from all levels of an organization (i.e. engineers/ analysts to C-Suite members).
- Can easily inject themselves into a client at various levels / situations in an organization (i.e. individual contributor, team player).
- Can conduct their own research or analysis of a topic that they themselves are unfamiliar with.
- Highly motivated to learn and grow
- Teachable and trainable.
- One or more of the following is preferred: CISSP, GSEC, CISA, CIPP, CISM, CEH.
Compensation and benefit package would include:
- Highly competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Home office allowance (when not at the client site, work from home!)
- Retirement funding (profit sharing and employer contributions to 401k plans)
- Paid training and certifications
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Dental insurance
- 20 PTO days per year
The Cadence Group (https://thecadencegroup.com/) is a rapidly growing Salt Lake City / Bay Area-based consulting firm providing business advisory, consulting, and opinion services, including CFO/CISO for hire, internal audit, SOX readiness, information security, and other risk
management services. We pride ourselves in offering a large degree of flexibility to our employees, but hiring independent people who can manage themselves. We also aim to enjoy life outside of the office with annual river trips, ski trips and other events.