The Creative Director is responsible for conceiving and developing visually-compelling print and digital media. The Creative Director plans and organizes projects and workflows, actively contributes to the creative process and enhances production efforts and develops and delivers design specifications. The Creative Director identifies, attracts and engages internal and external Talent in creative projects maximizing individual skillsets and prepares and presents compelling communication pieces.
- Maintains highest standards of CSD’s brand and creative properties
- Maintains product style guides and ensures adherence across the organization
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship of Web Developer and Motion Designer; leads recruitment and engagement of independent contractors and external resources
- Oversees the execution of all creative efforts and ensure they are on point in regard to strategy, budget, and schedule
- Plans and recommends new project guidelines, including budgets, goals, and measurements for success
- Monitors and elevates internal product and marketing content according to best-in-class design and creative standards
- Develops and produces creative content including digital, print, social, and other media in collaboration with Leadership Team, business units, and other contributors
- Oversees photography, video, and design productions and ensures the appropriate recording and warehousing of print and digital materials
- Acts as a partner to the Leadership Team and CSD Business Units, engaging in constructive feedback for the best ideas for the CSD’s Brand and each Business Unit’s Brand
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Knowledge of best practices in developing and leading creative projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing design process
- Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a cross-functional team to problem solve and provide creative solutions to challenging business problems
- Strong project management skills, including analysis, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent facilitation, judgment, leadership and communication skills including the ability to maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to manage diverse and complex creative projects, ensuring that projects meet desired specifications and expectations including the ability to effectively lead and inspire creativity and success in a diverse, multi-lingual team
- Excellent writing, presentation skills and demonstration skills; knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications activities
- Knowledge of the values of the organization and ability to champion CSD’s products, services, and support of the global community
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, Art, Photography, Videography, or related field; or equivalent professional experience
- Five years of professional experience in an advertising or creative agency supporting diverse creative projects or initiatives
- Three years of professional experience leading a diverse, multilingual team (PREFERRED)
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is largely self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The position may require travel up to 10%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.