Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. is a family-owned business in central Pennsylvania. We have a seasonal need for candling specialists from January - July with steady work M-F. Employees are eligible to sign up for unemployment during the off-season. This position also has the opportunity to train in the position of Incubator Sanitation Technician, which comes with an additional $0.50 per hour pay increase. This position will be filled as soon as possible, with plans to start training in the Fall of 2020.
The purpose of this position is to serve God and Humanity by candling eggs in the processing line to provide excellent and innovative poultry products for life and health on behalf of Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. (MLA).
Employee Classification: Part-Time Seasonal (Hourly)
Reports To: Incubation Manager
• Use knowledge of embryo quality specifications to candle each flat of eggs as they come through the production line. This skill involves using a hand-held light to identify and discard eggs that do not meet specifications.
• Must be able to serve in a rotational schedule to fill other roles in the production line (pre-candling, pick-and-fill, end-of-line stacker).
• Participate in Daily Candling Accuracy Control (DCAC) to help improve overall team production quality.
• Assist in cleaning candling area at end of day.
• Assist in cleaning candling area as messes occur during production process.
• Communicate well with others on the Incubation team and participate in Incubation meetings.
• Adhere to biosecurity policies and procedures.
• Abide by all related SOP and SWI guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Personal Attributes:
• Person of integrity
• Works well in a team setting
• Detail oriented
• Excellent motor skills and self-awareness
• Good eyesight (with or without accommodations, person is able to see difference between acceptable and unacceptable eggs)
• Ability to work quickly in a production setting
• No prior experience or training.
• Must be able to follow safety standard procedures.
• Complete support of and willing adherence to Maple Lawn Associates’ mission, vision and core values. Applicant must hold these standards as his/her own.
• Undergo training to understand safety requirements of candling machinery.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, safety rules, and correspondence. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations to other employees.
Ability to do basic counting, addition, and subtraction.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned.
Maple Lawn Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.