Join Our Team of Safety Professionals
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Safety Advisor in Indianapolis, IN – Construction Safety
The key function of a Safety Advisor is to learn the importance and steps needed to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs priority, work well in a team setting, become self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change. The associate in this role will be working in a Construction environment providing the following services: Safety oversight.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Site safety observations including documentation of findings
• Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
• Representing the General Contractor or Sub-Contractor in progress meetings when needed
• Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
• CHST, CSP, ASP Certification is preferred
• 5+ years of construction safety experience
• Strong background in Steel Erection
• Degree in safety or related is preferred
Experience preferred in the following area:
• Experience with contractor safety
• Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Must work well independently and be a strong team member
• Possess good time management skills due to numerous locations needing support
• Strong organizational and communication skills
Physical Demands of the job may include:
• Moving about long distances
• Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
• Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time
• Working in extreme weather
• Being exposed to loud noises
• Wearing personal protective gear correctly most of the day
Come join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.