AUTHENTICITY IN EVERY DROP Catania Oils is a leading provider of conventional, Non-GMO Project verified and organic oils to the ingredients, foodservice and retail markets. Our product portfolio consists of a variety of different vegetable oils, olive oils and blended oils. Catania has an established global sourcing network to bring you high-quality – more... oils from all over the world. Our state-of-the-art lab and SQF management system assure that you will be receiving the very best. Over 100 years and through four generations, Catania’s reputation for high-quality oils has inspired undying loyalty from employees and customers alike. When product quality, consistency and authenticity matter…trust Catania brands. We are searching for an experienced Buyer to join our team. In the newly created position you will be responsible for the following:
Under the direction of the Senior Supply Chain Manager be responsible for procurement of goods and services such as raw materials, office supplies, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, with an emphasis on cost containment by performing the following responsibilities.
1. Purchase materials using production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels. Gathers quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
2. Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle to determine required materials.
3. Develops specifications for new contract orders
4. Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
5. Monitors cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value
6. Interface with various departments to establish viability of requested materials
7. Reviews requisitions. Utilizes E21 Inventory system to establish/monitor inventory levels.
8. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
9. Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
10. Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
11. Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
12. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
13. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
14. Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
15. Expedites delivery of goods to users
16. Establishes best practices for procurement of goods.
17. Other job responsibilities in the score of current position may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance, Supply Chain
3+ years of relevant manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry.
Ability to influence others
Excellent math aptitude and analytical skills
Excellent customer service skills
Computer skills, word, excel, outlook, ERP
APICS, CPIM and or CSCP certification preferred