About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman is a real estate investment company delivering an entrepreneurial approach that leads to exceptional outcomes. Since 2005, we have been shaping the real estate landscape throughout Colorado and the Mountain West region. As one of the first in our industry to become a certified B Corp, Brinkman is a trailblazer in Using Business as a Force for Good. We are committed to using profits and growth as a means to a greater end.
We Strive to: Be All-In Be the Change Communicate Authentically Do the Right Thing
These core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision, and empower us to deliver on our mission of using business as a force for good.
About the Role:
At Brinkman, the Director of Acquisitions will lead the company’s business development function specializing in multifamily acquisitions. This position will report directly to the CEO and have a minimum of 10 years’ experience seeking, underwriting, negotiating, and closing acquisitions regionally and nationally. An extensive network of broker and seller relationships will be critical to the success of the position. Understanding models and key assumptions to meet necessary cash flows, returns, and waterfalls are required. A passion for market economics and trends is necessary to be exceptional in this position.
This is a dynamic, highly collaborative role in a fast-paced, relationship-driven organization that will partner with executive leadership, underwriting, legal, property management, and finance teams. As a leader in the organization, the Director of Acquisitions will embrace the following:
• Execute on a forward-thinking acquisitions strategy that meets our filters and returns
• Passionate about identifying and pursuing new multifamily markets and opportunities
• Have disciplined perseverance to find deals in the toughest markets
• Thrives on fostering relationships within the broker community
• Expected weekly national travel to identify optimal acquisition markets and opportunities
The ideal candidate will offer a significant breadth and depth of knowledge, including an undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Finance or Economics, and/or an MBA, as well as a minimum of 10-15 years of professional experience in business development and multifamily acquisitions. A well-developed understanding of market conditions and industry factors impacting the real estate landscape including demand generators, financial modeling, and return strategies.
Well Qualified Candidates Have/Are:
• Extensive experience specializing in multifamily acquisitions in the western region of the US
• Relationship focused and enjoy connecting with the real estate community
• High level of grit and determination as we underwrite numerous properties to find deals that meet expectations of our partners and investors
• Highly analytical with exceptional real estate financial acumen
• Authentic communicator and collaborative relationship builder with a robust professional network
• Meticulous attention to detail and passion for operational excellence, but also adaptable to change and committed to process improvement
Brinkman employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans, and a 401(k). We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and we deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required of this role, and the nature of the role is subject to change at any time based on performance and/or the needs of the business.