Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports To: Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
Summary: This position is responsible for administering the accounts receivable functions for a portfolio of homeowner’s associations managed by Hammersmith®.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to incoming calls and emails for account inquiries.
- Research account discrepancies and inquiries.
- Assess late fees and generate demand notices in accordance with the association’s collections policies.
- Process payments- post, scan, and file.
- Deposit Daily Cash receipts.
- Process account changes.
- Process homeowner coupons (annual, new sales, and re-sales).
- Process ACH payments.
- Provide payoff figures for title companies on special handing accounts.
- File and release assessment liens.
- Prepare transfer packets for new attorney files.
- Process lockbox, credit card payments, and rejected payments.
- Process ownership changes.
- Send welcome packets and coupons to new owners.
- Process legal bills and legal correspondence.
- Monitor payment plans for compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Qualifications:
- Must possess personal values that are in alignment with those of the company: Excellence, Partnership, Professionalism, Integrity, and Life Balance
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Skill in attention to detail, decision making, and problem solving
- Skill in delivering excellent customer service
- Skill in organization and analytics
- Ability to read and interpret budgets, general ledgers, and financial reports
- Ability to be professional in appearance and presentation
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments
- Ability to utilize different computer software programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the Accounts Receivable team
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one year of accounts receivable or related accounting experience required
- Two-year degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field preferred
- Experience in community management accounting preferred
- Work to make sure the Accounts Receivable Team:
- Maintains average call abandonment rate of 3% or less.
- Maintains a baseline of 95% within 5 days for late notices sent to the Business Centre.
- Accuracy of work
- Increase accuracy to maintain benchmark of 20 or less in waived late fees due to Hammersmith® error.
- Increase accuracy to maintain or reduce amount for waived late fee amount of $400.
- Maintain a baseline of 100% on completion of tasks by their due date.
- This position operates in a professional office setting with usage of standard office equipment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is largely sedentary and may require constant sitting with occasional standing/walking.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour