At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Billing and Collections Specialist is responsible for the accuracy, distribution, and collection of all client invoices. The role requires a high degree of customer service skill and telephone etiquette. It also requires the ability to understand process workflows, and work with a high degree of accuracy against strict deadlines.
- Manages the client invoicing approval and distribution process, addressing all issues that come up, and coordinating invoice adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor, coordinate, and track delinquent account collection efforts across multiple departments. Authorized to negotiate settlements with delinquent accounts with primary responsibility for reducing delinquency.
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, including but not limited to processing account adjustments and credits, resolving client discrepancies and short payments. Make recommendations for problem accounts for escalation to external collections and coordinate small balance write offs.
- First point of contact for client accounting related inquiries and support for sales and customer service with completing client setup forms.
- Monitors and distributes reporting on accounts receivable (AR) key performance indicators, such as the aging AR report, and days sales outstanding.
- Manages the distinct drug testing invoicing pass-through process for each Drug Testing vendor.
- Supports the accounting team as a back-up for cash receipts and payment application.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Experience with financial systems and invoicing is required.
- Experience with credit or business debt collections preferred. Demonstrated skill in negotiating and resolving conflicts. Ability to speak persuasively and use critical listening skills over the phone.
- Highly adaptable to change and willingness to suggest and lead new process implementations.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
- Experience with ERP, Billing/Invoicing, or Collections software is desired
- Education: High School diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.