Catania Oils Corporation a 4th generation family owned organization has an immediate need for a Quality Line Technician. In this role you will be responsible for the following :
Under the direction of the Quality Manager this position has overall responsibility for validating the food quality operational objectives by implementing production/productivity/quality/customer standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing various internal audits, suggesting system improvements and implementing process changes to support quality of the product.
1. Assures quality food products and processes by enforcing food safety programs, plans, and quality standards; observing production and the documentation of results.
2. Reinforces the Quality/food safety program by working with production personnel to support ingredient control, proper storage practices, meeting customer specifications, personnel training, and label/traceability accuracy and GMPs adherence.
3. Maintains and improves product quality by investigating issues on the line and collaborating with other members of staff to develop new process methods to support the quality of our products.
4. Ensures compliance with SQF, FDA, Federal State and local agencies.
5. Train personnel on SOPs and other Food Safety Programs.
6. Obtains and delivers to the lab samples for product testing.
7. Support the lab as needed to complete testing and COAs.
8. Perform Pre-op; GMP audits where needed.
9. Assist in Third party audit preparations.
1. Minimum 1 year experience working as a Quality Technician in a production environment preferably food.
2. Degree in Biological Science or related disciplines or equivalent years of experience.
3. Strong computer and numeration skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer